Friday 2 December 2011

Things I've learnt at university

So first off, uni is not easy by any means. There is so much more you need to deal with that you never ever had to worry about at home. Never forget your family is always there for you no matter what and they will try and support you as best as they can in whatever situation. They love you, that's what they do. Making new friends is exciting and revitalises you, you learn new things from them and they find out things about you too. At university you can grow into the person you wanted to be, nobody judges you. You are your own person.

Next thing: if you don't wash up, you don't have clean plates. It's hard, but you get used to it. Tidying up and staying organised is also hard. But the most important thing is to try and stay healthy. Everyone drinks a lot, doesn't sleep enough and doesn't eat healthily. And that can't be helped in your first term. But every little helps, so just try and eat some fruit and veg, work out a little every now and then and stay positive.

I leave my halls next Wednesday and I'm so excited to return home for the Christmas holidays and spend time with my family. I can't wait to put the tree up and feel like a child once again! Catching up on sleep, staying in watching films and being cosy sounds like the perfect treat. But the biggest gift of all will be my trip to New York, only two weeks to go! I'm really going to miss my friends and my new independent way of life as a student, but I'm ready to go home and return to being a child, if only for a month. Happy December dears!

No comments:

Post a Comment